Tuesday 5 February 2013

January business

Right well, while I was poetry-ing my way through January, a few things happened worth mentioning. Firstly, it looks as though the UK has legalised same-sex marriage! (This happened in early Feb, but so what). This is wonderful news, but also makes me embarrassed and angry that my own country hasn't taken this crucial step.

I've done a whole heap of reading, including the illuminating and wonderful 'Code Name Verity' by Elizabeth Wein and also the entertaining 'Murder at Mansfield Park' by Lynn Shepherd. I've been watching New Girl (NICK AND JESS KISSED. FINALLY. THERE WAS WINE AND REJOICING) and started McLeod's Daughters from the beginning...so far its not as good as I remembered it...but I'll give it more time.

I've written quite a bit, but it's all bits and pieces - I haven't stuck to one thing, which is somewhat of a problem. I'm still waiting to hear back from the agency that is considering my manuscript. I also wrote a very angry and unpolished article in response to the Delhi gang rape in India, and Manohar Lal Sharma's ridiculous comments, but I haven't posted it anywhere. Editing it made me sad, and hateful of the world, so I didn't go back there.

And finally, FINALLY there is news on the film of 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak!! Brian Percival is directing, and Leisl, Rosa and Hans Hubermann have allegedly been cast!! Sophie Nelisse, from Monsieur Lazhar, which I am yet to see, EMILY WATSON and GEOFFREY RUSH!!! I had a minor freakout when MZ announced this, but goodness gracious it makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment