Thursday 12 January 2012

COME AT ME!

I am exhausted before I have even left. Anyone who has attempted to pack for 3 months of backpacking in a wintry climate will know what I am talking about. For anyone who hasn't, picture trying to move house and complete the most difficult game of Tetris ever at the same time. Nonstop. Every time I tick something off my 'to do' list, another four things pop up in my brain that I haven't taken care of yet. I was lifting my backpack yesterday and am pretty sure I wrenched my shoulder. My mind is constantly ticking over. I've been up since 5am (and for anyone who knows me, you'll realise how bizarre that is) because I couldn't turn my thoughts off. I'm not even feeling very nervous. I'm too busy making lists.

HOWEVER. I will put up with it. And I will not complain, bar the previous paragraph. I will suck it up, put on my big girl knickers and deal, because it is a means to an end. It's one more week of frantic running around and then I leave. I have been going through my old photos and brochures and I get this little zing of excitement and happiness when I see pictures of the Tower of London and read the words 'Berlin wall'. I have looked up the Sherlock Holmes Museum and the tour of the Parisian Catacombs and am ready to revisit amazing places from my previous trip and discover many new memories. I will get tired. I will get grumpy. Le Boy and I will no doubt get very sick of each other and I'm sure one of our group if not all will get sick. But that is life. That is experience. And I have faith, nerve and a kickarse sense of organisation to get me through the rough bits so I can enjoy the rest.

7 more sleeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment